Monday, August 11, 2008

Usual checkup

3 days after we moved into our new place, I have my monthly midwife visit. I took approximately 5 minutes to walk to the hospital under a cold cold weather. It started drizzling since early morning.

The checkup is short and sweet. As usual, the weight, blood pressure, fundal height and the remaining time is for me to ask questions. I was particularly concerned about the size of my tummy. I'm in the middle of 6th months now, and I'm still not really showing. I'm concerned whether I'm not eating right, or the baby is too small. The midwife told me that for my size, everything is normal (they all said that don't they...), but she said, she does expect me to grow bigger when I hit my last trimester.

She also asked me to do a glucose test. All in all, the whole checkup and the visit to the lab took about 1 hour.

Oh, and by the way, I forgot to let you all know, it's a boy :)

No comments: