Finally, the childbirth class is here.
I've been looking forward to attend this class. Not only because I get to learn more about childbirth through a teacher (not books), it's also because it is time to get hubby to learn more!
Err... it is not true that he is not learning. He did read up books like Bloke's Guide to Pregnancy, Happiest Baby on the Block etc... It's just that there are not many books that are catered for father-to-be and he has been asking me to teach him more. But I don't know what to teach. So, a childbirth class is perfect to fill in the necessary gaps.
Initially I thought it will be conducted in a classroom environment. But to my surprise, when we arrived, it is a living hall environment! There are nice couch and comfortable pillows everywhere! Perfect for expecting mothers! Plus, coffee and tea free flow with delicious chocholate cookies! Yum yum.... :)
The first session kicked off well. There are about 8 couples in the room. All of them are either foreigners staying in The Hague, or they have a partner who is not Dutch. This first session is an overview session. We introduced ourselves, and raised our concerns and worries (if there is any) through group discussion.
I thoroughly enjoyed it. And I can see that hubby enjoyed himself too!
First Week Of Advent Year A
8 months ago
1 comment:
Hi there! You've been reading about us for a while, so I thought I'd return the favor! Congratulations on your pregnancy! It seems to be going well! I hope you will have a wonderful experience as we did with Stephanie's birth in The Hague. Are you taking the birth class with Great Expectations? Enjoy!
Post a Comment