Monday, July 14, 2008

Butter Cake


By looking at how the cake sinks in the middle, you know that I'm still a novice in baking. This is my 2nd attempt in baking cake.

My first, banana cake, didn't turn out well. I forgot to pre-heat the oven, I open the oven door to check when it was baking, put too high a temperature and plus all the beginner mistakes... my cake turned out overbaked and I have to throw it away. The only thing left is the sweet vanilla aroma in the air that chased away my stir fry smell from my previous night's cooking.

This time I found this butter cake recipe and I'm tempted to try. I patiently mixed the ingredients and leave it baked till the timer rang. It turned out better than I thought, crispy to bite, just a bit too sweet. But I need to find out why it sank in the middle. So I did a search. It turned out that it can be many reasons why a cake sinks in the middle... it can be too much flour, too much moisture, expired baking powder (which is not in my case), eggs too big, too much sugar etc...

Who says baking is easy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehe... i know it's a lot of guess work!! but the good thing about baking is that it's fun... :)